[Updated for Fall 2017 Semester]
HOW TO ENROLL IN CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION PROGRAMS
Prior to registration, all new students must complete the appraisal assessment with the exception of PT & LVN students. (PT & LVN students must complete the TABE assessment.
Call (626) 934-2801 or click here for dates and information.) ALL students will receive an introduction to the basic rules and regulations of Hacienda La Puente Adult Education.
A program specific Orientation may also be required prior to registration. See the program of interest listing.
This is the first step to qualify and begin your vocational career training and education.
Policies & Procedures
• Students must go to the Learning & Assessment Center (L.A.C.), in
room #118, during scheduled appraisal times.
The appraisal test is FREE.
• Space is limited.
• Must be on time! Please note that prior to the start of a semester or new session, students are encouraged to
early due to reaching full capacity and staff being unable to accommodate all who require pre registration
• Plan to approximately 2 to 3 hours.
• Students that do not meet the basic skill level requirement for a given training will be recommended to attend
academic classes and may not be eligible to enroll for training classes.
• You must bring: two number 2 pencils and one pen.
• You must be 18 years of age or older to enroll in the orientation class.
• Sorry, childcare is not available.
• Test time subject to change without notice.
||FALL Appraisal Dates and Times (Includes Counseling Time):
Willow Center, L.A.C. (room #118)
| 1:00 pm
|August 1, 8, 15, 22, 29;
September 5, 12, 19, 26;
October 3, 10, 17, 24, 31;
November 7, 14, 28;
December 5, 12, 19
August 3, 10, 17, 24, 31;
September 7, 14, 21, 28;
October 5, 12, 19, 26;
November 2, 9, 16, 30;
December 7, 14, 21
||• Plan to stay approximately 2 to 3 hours.
• Please be prompt.
||Orientation Day Testing Schedule:
|| July 19, 2017
November 6, 2017
| 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
| 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
FREE TRAINING BENEFITS & FINANCIAL AID
• Are you between the ages of 18-24 years old with need of training?
• Are you unemployed?
• Are you low income?
• Is your present company going
out of business?
• Are you a veteran?
• Do you need job counseling?
• Do you currently receive
EDD benefits of any kind?
• Have you exhausted your unemployment benefits?
• Are you a foster child?
• Are you working with the Department of Rehabilitation or Social Services?
• Do you need re-training to enter a new profession?
• I-train referrals website:
If you answered "Yes" to any of these questions then you may be eligible for Free Training Benefits or Financial Aid.
Call the Workforce Development Center immediately! (626) 934-2850.
PLAN AHEAD FOR FALL 2017 & SPRING 2018!
Apply Early to Secure Your Financial Aid & Enrollment!
PLANNING FOR SPRING 2018 REGISTRATION:
1. Apply on line by filling out the Free
Application for Federal Student Aid
Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov
2. Allow a minimum of 3 days for the eSAR (Electronic Student Aid Report) to be received by
the financial aid office.
3. The following items and printouts will be
needed to schedule an appointment once
student’s FAFSA is processed.
a. Valid CA Identification or Driver’s License
b. Social Security Card
c. Official sealed H.S. Transcript, diploma or State issued High School Equivalency
d. Printout of your 2016 -17 eSAR (Electronic Student Aid Report). To obtain printout
e. Printout of Pell LEU (Lifetime Eligibility Used).
To obtain your Pell LEU go to (www.nslds.ed.gov).
Use your PIN from FAFSA to log on.
f. Bring items (A through E) to the financial aid office
g. An appointment will be made for you.
Space is limited!
(Please remember that those who receive PELL grant may still have to pay a portion of the cost upon registration.)
*Please bring all documents to the Workforce Office.